Alta holding Olive during a break in her game:
We went to an Outdoor Expo and the girls loved trying to slack line:
I took the girls to the members' preview of the new children's museum at Thanksgiving Point. What a fun place! We went with Ruby and Ellie.
The magician's room in Kidopolis:
Making some music:
Experiencing 85 mph winds:
Crossing the bridges high above the ground:
What a blast! We'll be going often.
Dan's parents offered to watch Alta and Ellie (we brought Olive with us) so we could go see the Sacred Gifts exhibit that was about to close at the BYU Museum of Art. It's always fun and nostalgic to go back to campus and we made it even more so by getting hot dogs at J Dawgs for dinner. We reminisced on how it used to practically be a gourmet lunch to get a hot dog from the shack in between classes. (oh man, we were so cheap!)
The MOA exhibit was a collection of paintings from Carl Bloch, Heinrich Hofmann, and Frans Schwartz. Seeing the originals was very impressive. I especially loved the Bloch paintings and could have looked at them all night.
Alta had a Kindergarten Rodeo and had so much fun dressing up like a cowgirl:
Collecting roly-poly bugs with her friend Brooklyn. Alta had probably 15 bugs in her hands:
Hanging out in Provo one day and the girls found some dress-ups:
And while we were there I was trying to catch on camera the cuteness of these cheeks!
The girls have been really into riding their bikes lately. Even though Ellie has been able to ride a two-wheeler since a few weeks after she turned 3, she was still nervous about it and we had to give her a lot of help (I think we pushed that one a little too early!). During this month she really caught on and could start and stop by herself. Dan took the girls on some bike rides and let them explore off the paved trail:
For the Sprucewood Dance Festival all the Kindergarteners danced to the Hokey Pokey. I thought Alta would refuse to dance in front of everyone but she was pretty into it!
Alta's soccer team with their participation trophies:
We were all a little soccered-out by the end of the season. As demonstrated by Ellie:
Alta was the only girl on her team that never scored a goal. She didn't like competing against girls that were more aggressive than her! She told me she likes soccer but would like to take a break from it :) Here she is with Ruby and Mikayla Maughan:
Olive's development this month:
-she started rolling over from her back to belly a week or so before she turned 4 months.
-this milestone really messed up her sleep (before and after she figured out how to roll over) but eventually she got the hang of it. She is now a stomach sleeper.
-she stopped rolling from her belly to back! Once she could roll over from her back to belly, that's all she would do.
-at her 4 month appointment she was 15.1 inches and exactly 13 lbs
I'll do a separate post on all the birthday celebrations next!















Thanksgiving point looks awesome! I have to break it to you, Alta was being too nice when she said she liked soccer. She didn't want to hurt your feelings. Look at Olive holding her head up like a champ!
ReplyDeleteThat MOA exhibit sounded AMAZING-- I really wish I could have seen it. I used to love eating at the MOA Cafe back in the day, and then taking a few minutes to visit some of my favorite paintings. Such a great place.
ReplyDeleteAlthough your comment about eating at J-Dawgs nearly made me cry: I think for Craig and I, eating there would STILL be splurging! I swear, we had so much more money when we were students and kid-free!