Friday, July 18, 2014

Kindergarten Graduate

The last two school days in June were one big party!

The kindergarteners all went on a field trip to the Hogle Zoo on Monday. I wanted to help chaperone but knew that bringing along a 4-year-old and a nursing baby would probably result in chaos. Instead I got texts throughout the day from friends who had gone, sharing their cute photos of Alta with me.

Alta was excited to ride the bus for the first time. This was her group she was with all day:

 Ruby's group ran into her at some point:
 By the end of the day she was exhausted. She fell asleep on the bus ride home.
The next day was the last day of school. The kindergarteners put on an end-of-year program and it was so cute. Alta stood up and said her line with her partner and sang all the songs. She's in the bottom row, very left:
Alta with Brooklyn and Emmy, two of her friends from class:
I really consider it a blessing that Alta had the teacher that she did. Mrs. Graham was patient, loving, fun, and all the kids loved her.

Alta loved kindergarten. It was so good to see her grow more and more confident (in so many ways!) throughout the school year. Here are a few of her papers she brought home from school:

Near the beginning of the year. The kids worked on first letter sounds and spelling where they could.
The k (kangaroo) is my favit (favorite).
From  the end of the year. She sounded out the words she couldn't spell.
How would you like to travel to school? "I wob (would) sce (ski) to school. I like to go fast."
 And Alta's three wishes for St. Patrick's day:

Now on to first grade and all-day school!

1 comment:

  1. Shalane! I love looking at your blog (when I actually get on)! Your girls are so adorable and I can't wait to meet sweet little Olive someday.

    ReplyDelete