Monday, September 2, 2013

August 2013

 Other happenings in August after the road trip:

-before we left for SF we had let the girls practice sleeping in the same room so being at Natalie's house wouldn't be such a change. When we got back home they were so used to it we decided to just go all out and set up the bunk beds we've been storing in the basement for the past year. None of us got much sleep for the first two weeks, but now it's great and they love it.
-Dan went on a few hikes with Kevin to free dive in the high altitude lakes. One Saturday we all went with him, including 41-weeks-pregnant Malorie.


 -We only made it on one Wednesday hike (to Cecret Lake) this month and it wasn't our most successful hiking experience but I'm glad we went. We'll definitely be taking a break from hiking for a while!



Alta loves taking pictures these days!
 -We drove down to Holden with my mom on a Saturday morning and spent the day there. My grandma is selling her house and moving to California and I had to make it down there one more time. I have so many memories of spending weeks in Holden ever summer with all my family and cousins! We will miss it.
 Playing at the park:
 I made the girls pose by Wood's Market even though it is closed now. My mom would give us some change every day and all the cousins would walk down and buy treats from here.
-Malorie had her baby and we are so, SO excited to have another cousin in the Brower family. Alta loved holding him, this is the only picture I have:
-The next weekend all my sisters came into town!!! We spent Sunday at temple square:
and chasing a tarantula at my parents house (sick sick sick):
We got family pictures taken that week, here's a preview of the grandkid cuteness:
and then we all went to Aspen Grove for our family reunion, where I took a total of two pictures. My parents have hundreds so eventually I'll do a post on that.

And while all this family fun was going on, Alta started kindergarten!!!
I've been looking forward to this all summer. Some parents cry when they drop their kid off for the first time; I was ecstatic (ok, ok, maybe just a tiny bit nostalgic...). I've already learned from preschool that everyone in our house is much happier when Alta has a few mornings a week away from home! She loves going every morning and always comes home excited to tell me everything she did at school.

There are 8 kindergartners from our ward and Alta has these two cute girls in her class. She likes having some familiar faces to play with. And yes, she's a little on the short side...


Now on to September!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you keep this blog up! I love reading about your adventures. And yes, between Jamie, Bekah and our cameras, we have 485 photos and movies! And that is after deleting the obviously bad ones!! I'll get you some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alta is such a cute, petite little kindergartener (is that a word?)! Fun that you guys have a little nephew now. And that's great that they're doing well in the bunk beds! Probably a relief to have them used to that before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete