Finally have internet, lots of posts to come.
But first a little reminiscing.
In June 2007, Dan and I packed up everything we owned into our little civic and drove across the country to Virginia. We showed up in Manassas with no idea where were going to live. We didn't know a single person and knew nothing about the area. This picture is from the morning we left Utah.
And here we are May 2011, four years later:
Oh how things have changed! In the time we lived there, we had two kids, bought our first house, completely re-did almost every surface in the house, Dan put in four years with Lockheed and got his master's degree, and we made many wonderful friends in our ward and neighborhood.
We packed up all our stuff (significantly more this time around!), said goodbye to our friends, our house, and our faithful little civic. Now on to the next chapter of our lives!
Manassas was so good to you-- why did you abandon it?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteOkay, just kidding. Kind of. I hope you're super happy in Utah. We all just miss you around here.
I do that whole nostalgia thing, too, and we're still here-- I look around and think, "We were only going to stay for a couple years and then find somewhere affordable to live! What happened??? And where did all these kids come from?" Life is funny sometimes...
I've missed you! And I'm so glad you are closer with those 2 cuties you had so far away;)
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you guys moved without even knowing where you'd live! How adventurous!
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying your new home and such. We'll have to get together again soon so our girls can play.