I've been bad at keeping updates on Ellie. I think when you have a toddler, they are doing so much that you forget your other baby is even changing. Or at least that's how I feel.
So, Ellie at 8 months old:
-loves food! But won't touch store-bought baby food. I have to make my own and freeze it in ice cube trays. We measure her food intake by "cubes" now. She likes eating little mashed up pieces of whatever we eat for dinner as well.
-no teeth yet
-Between making baby food, feeding her baby food, and nursing her, I feel like I have time for nothing else.
-has the funniest hair. It's longer on top than on the sides so she kind of has a floppy mohawk. You can sort of see it in this picture. You can also see that one way I keep my sanity is to delegate, delegate, delegate. Alta loves feeding Ellie (I just have to keep an eye on them...).
-a couple days ago I was thinking about what to post on our blog and it was going to go something like this: "After 8 long months, Ellie has finally figured out how to take good naps and make it through the night with only one feeding!". She was going on 6 or 7 consecutive days of good sleep, only to have it all come crashing down today. But I think it was just something she ate, and I'm still optimistic.
-still has to be swaddled to fall asleep. so weird.
-this video is from the other day while she was getting lots of sleep. Not the most exciting video, but look how happy she is when she actually takes naps!
-loves Alta! When I tell her, "let's go get Alta up from her nap" she gets really excited. Which also means she's starting to understand more!
-while writing this post, I went back to all my old blog posts about Alta around this age and it's funny to see the differences in their personalities already. Ellie isn't quite as intense and persistent as Alta was. Besides wanting to be held all day, she is a pretty content little girl and loves to watch everyone around her. Will this mean less temper tantrums in her future??? ...probably not...
-one more picture:
I like her jammies in that last picture. Also her hair is floppy indeed. It's so dark, where did that come from?
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH! I want to hold her! She looks like a fat asian shalane! I love her!!! You better be going to Utah with me this summer! Call me call me!
ReplyDeleteellie is thinning out, shes getting a neck! noooo! i love that last picture of her oooooo i want to just sqeeze her cheeks
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute Shalane, I'm dying to hold a baby girl, preferably one with a cute little purple bow in her hair...and preferably yours:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie she is! I'm sorry that she won't eat any store-bought baby food. I'm sure that's a lot healthier and cheaper...but a lot more work for you. Yikes! Love her cheeks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! I just want to give her a squeeze! About baby food: I've found that smoothies freeze pretty well. Make yourself a double size smoothie out of things that Ellie eats. Enjoy half for yourself, freeze the rest for Ellie. Throw in some spinach and she'll get a vegetable too!
ReplyDeleteWhen Cora is teething, sometimes the only thing she will eat is chopped-up, still-frozen smoothie cubes...
Aw man- why are you and your sweet adorable girls so far away!! Love love those pics. And we should swap swaddling stories- we had to "wean" Carter off at around 9 months.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Ellie is soooo cute! I love how she is sitting in the video. It looks like she is lounging on her throne. Its amazing how much older she looks already from Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Ellie is 8 months old! That is so crazy. She is so cute and so is Alta. I'm with everyone else on here and wish you guys weren't so far away.
ReplyDelete