Sunday, November 7, 2010

popcorn popcorn

Some pictures from the week.

Remember these things? Those little capsules you put in the water and the sponge grows out of them? Yeah, not as exciting as I remember. They took SO LONG and Alta got a little impatient. It kind of reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes.

I had to take a picture of Alta's outfit because she dresses herself every day now. I really don't have much say in what she wears. She thinks that if two things are the same color, they "match" so she can wear them together. This usually involves pink in varying shades. Luckily I convinced her to wear a skirt over her leggings in this one.

Ellie was sitting like this in her bumbo the other day. I hurried to take a picture because I assumed she'd move soon, but she didn't. She sat like that for a good minute or so.

Here's Alta's rendition of "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree"

6 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house and listen to Alta sing some more. And to see Ellie doing yoga. And just to hang out with my sister. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she says "apercot" - so adorable. Oh man, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you have finally done it--you have made grandpa tear up while watching one of your videos. Totally not fair that we can't see more of these events in person. Thanks for sharing these wonderful family moments with those of us too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously don't think I would ever get tired of hanging out with your girls! If you ever need a break, send them to Cali for a visit! (OK you can come too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! And you totally sound like mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My SIX year old also things that matching means exactly the same. Most days he insists on wearing navy blue pants with a navy shirt. Or camouflage pants with a camouflage shirt. It drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete