Tuesday, March 9, 2010

quick tip

This is for any of you who are planning on making those Samoas bars, after hearing about Bekah's somewhat failed attempt :)

-When melting both the chocolate and caramel, do NOT use the microwave on full power like the recipe says. Melt at 50% power! Stir after the first minute and then keep checking and stirring ever 30 seconds or so.
-When you toast the coconut, keep a close eye on it the last few minutes, it will go from brown to burnt really fast.

Oh, and the obligatory picture:

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Alta's hair is getting long - and the bangs are growing out nicely. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a little upset about how they turned out...though, it's probably a good thing since I would end up eating them ALL! Sawyer is sitting on my lap saying "Alta"! He loves looking at her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that girl looks like you! And Dan! One and the same really I guess :)
    So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips and the recipes. I made them last night when I had some friends over (Marcus actually made the crust-impressive?). They were WAY good but they really did take a long time to make. And mine didn't look pretty.

    ReplyDelete