As for the title of this post, Alta has become quite the little sucker. It's so nice that she can put herself to sleep by sucking her thumb. And she took her first bottle with no fuss this week while I was in the hospital. Ironically, I think the only thing she won't suck on is a pacifier. (by the way, I guess most breastfed babies have a hard time taking a bottle for the first time; it made me feel pretty sad and useless that she didn't care at all)
Friday, August 29, 2008
Indiscriminate sucker
I guess it's about time I posted something new. It's been kinda crazy around here, first trying to get back into a routine after vacation, and this week I had some medical stuff taken care of and the recovery has not been fun. But happy birthday to me yesterday! Dan took me and Alta on a very fun date.
As for the title of this post, Alta has become quite the little sucker. It's so nice that she can put herself to sleep by sucking her thumb. And she took her first bottle with no fuss this week while I was in the hospital. Ironically, I think the only thing she won't suck on is a pacifier. (by the way, I guess most breastfed babies have a hard time taking a bottle for the first time; it made me feel pretty sad and useless that she didn't care at all)
As for the title of this post, Alta has become quite the little sucker. It's so nice that she can put herself to sleep by sucking her thumb. And she took her first bottle with no fuss this week while I was in the hospital. Ironically, I think the only thing she won't suck on is a pacifier. (by the way, I guess most breastfed babies have a hard time taking a bottle for the first time; it made me feel pretty sad and useless that she didn't care at all)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shalane, I can not believe how adorable your little Alta is! It was fun to get to see her in person at grandpa's birthday party. I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital, that's never fun...but I'm glad you were able to go out and do something fun for your birthday!
ReplyDeleteBTW, let me know if you'd like an invite to our blog so you can watch Kyden grow up (and baby #2 when he/she makes the arrival in February.)
Kelli (your cousin)
Hey Kelli, yes you should send me an invite to your blog! my email is shalane.brower@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteBy the way, congrats on the pregnancy!