Wednesday, May 11, 2016

April 2016

Natalie and Jeremy came for a few days at the beginning of April but I only have one picture:
Jeremy got a new job in Denver and they stopped in Draper on their way out. Alta always loves having a baby to hold and when they're around there is no shortage of babies! It was fun as always.

We left that weekend for a spring break trip to St. George with Jamie and family but that will be a separate post. The second half of spring break I tried to stay busy since Dan had so much work to catch up on from all our trips, and work to get ahead on since we had more trips planned.

We went on a short hike to Rocky Mouth Falls with some ward friends. There are a lot of little girls in our ward!
 I met my friend Amy at the Thanksgiving Point gardens. The tulip festival hadn't officially started but a lot of tulips were blooming and it was beautiful. Amy has 3 boys that are all similar ages to the girls; it's one cute group of kids!
 The girls requested their picture by their favorite pink tulips:
Olive started this new thing where she always wants her socks on her hands. If she has them on her feet, she'll eventually take them off and wear them as gloves. This outfit was especially good:
Olive loves to line things up, especially shoes. I always find things in our house in straight rows and I know Olive has been there:

Alta got to make a "book float", a project on a book that the 2nd grade classes then paraded around the room to show other classes. She did hers on Sophie the Hero and did such a great job coming up with a plan and making it work:
 I had to run to Fashion Place mall and of course had to drag Ellie and Olive with me. When Ellie needed a potty break, Olive discovered the baby seat in the stall and thought it was the best:
I think I took this picture on a lazy Saturday that Dan was once again working all day. Olive has been getting her 2-year molars and it's been a looong process and one that she doesn't deal well with, so having Dan gone is especially hard. But when she's happy she's extra happy. And cute:
 Ellie got to go on her much-anticipated kindergarten field trip to the zoo. She was even excited to ride the bus and Anna texted me this picture since she was one of the bus moms:
 Olive and I met the class there to help as chaperones, but it turned out that so many moms volunteered that everyone was only in charge of their own kid. Olive liked this little otter:
We stayed with friends most of the time but left early so we could finish packing up the car for our next road trip. We left that afternoon for California! The girls had to miss the school Fun Run on Friday but they got over it when they realized it meant more time with Sierra and Katelyn.

While we were getting the last things packed up, Alta and Ellie came up with this game to keep them occupied. Ellie was hanging on with an old kite string and Alta was driving her around:
And then off we went! That trip will be a separate post too.

No comments:

Post a Comment