Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New England Trip (day 4)

I guess it's about time I finish up the trip posts so I can catch up on the rest of the blog.

On Monday morning we packed up and while Dan got some last-minute things ready for his meeting, Olive explored:
 I dropped Dan off and went to do some exploring of my own. Except Rhode Island is not that interesting of a place. There were some beach parks I would have liked to drive to, but Dan wasn't sure how long his meeting would be so I had to stay close. I found a small inlet and sat in the parked car and read while Olive napped. We were both pretty exhausted. But the views were perfect:

Dan called when he was done and I went to pick him up, and the distributor and another employee came out to meet Olive and gush over her.  We then had an hour or so to kill before we had to start the drive back to the airport in Boston, so we headed back to Newport to get a better look at the mansions in the daytime.

I wish we would have had time to tour the houses that were open to the public. But we walked on the cliff trail again and also drove around to see some of the more impressive ones.

The Elms:
 And the grounds: (that tree was amazing!)
 This was just the gate house at another mansion. I told Dan I wanted to live there (in the gate house, not the mansion...)



 Airplane: (Dan took this, obviously)
 I started getting stressed out (as I always do when going to the airport) since I wasn't sure what traffic would be like getting into Boston or how crowded the airport would be. Dan really wanted to stop and eat one more good seafood meal, but I was convinced we wouldn't have time. So we drove back to Boston, returned the rental car, got through security, and had over an hour before our flight left. Oops.

I was cranky and tired so Dan let me take a nap and walked around the airport with Olive, where he found a little play area:
The flight home was uneventful but once again exhausting. We picked up Alta and Ellie from the Browers and finally made it home.

We visited four new states and drove over 900 miles. Each day was so different that I can't pick a favorite part; I loved exploring as much of New England as we could!

No comments:

Post a Comment