We started off the month taking the new (to Draper at least) TRAX train to downtown and window shopping at City Creek. The girls thought riding the train was so exciting! And they loved getting treats at Kneaders.
A few days later we drove the Alpine Loop to see the leaves. We were too late for the red maples, but all the aspens were bright yellow and it was gorgeous mixed in with the pine trees and snow. (and oh look, I'm pregnant! I guess I never put that on the blog...I'll do a post soon!)
It was especially fun to drive the narrow roads in Dan's new car! It's been his dad's for the past 12 (i think) years and Dan was pretty excited to sell the corolla and get this one instead. Ironically, it broke down on the way out of the canyon and made for a slightly stressful night. We made it to the Lindon BMW, parked the car, and after many phone calls found a friend willing to pick us up and drive us back to Draper.
And right when we got home (very late), Alta's tooth finally fell out! It's been loose since the middle of AUGUST! She told me she didn't want the tooth fairy to come that night because she wanted to bring her tooth in to school the next day and show her class.
She put it under her pillow the next night, but when Dan went in to switch it with a dollar, he couldn't find it anywhere! The next morning I found it hidden in her sock drawer. Alta did NOT want the tooth fairy taking her tooth away so she hid it away in the middle of the night.
We took another weekend trip to St. George, this time with Kevin and Malorie and baby Beck, and Mitchell and his friend. The boys played in the sand dunes while Malorie and I relaxed at the house. Alta loves holding Beck and it's making me realize she's going to actually be helpful with this baby in January!
Before we left, Dan and I and the girls went on a little hike in Snow Canyon:
The next weekend I got to go to St. George again! This time for a sisters weekend! It was so much fun. Bekah flew in the night before and we drove down together and met up with my mom, Alisa, Jamie, and Megan. We stayed up late every night talking and eating treats, and spent the day hiking and shopping. Jamie, Bekah and me:
We saw Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Tuacahn:
And Halloween is getting it's own post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I never heard the story about the car breaking down! Sounds like a Swallow-family type of adventure! Your girls' weekend looked like so much fun! We should totally plan one with some friends next year!
ReplyDelete