Wednesday, September 12, 2012

California!

After four years living in Virginia, one of my favorite things about being in Utah is that we are only a short 10-hour drive from California! Ok, 10 hours is a really long time to be in the car, but sisters and cousins are worth it. This was the third trip we've taken in the past year and the girls have gotten pretty good with road trips. And my sisters are really nice to let us keep coming back!

We left thursday afternoon and drove all the way to San Clemente to stay with Jamie and Andy and the boys plus the new baby girl. When Alta wasn't busy playing with Carter, she loved holding Quinn:

We went to the beach on Friday morning and Dan had to go boogie boarding. There was a swell (am I using ocean terminology correctly? I have no idea...) and the waves were really big. Dan got a bit worked over, and I would be lying to say it wasn't funny to watch.


On Friday night, Jamie, Alisa and I took a girls night and went out to eat together. (We missed you Poogie!)

After hanging out Saturday morning, we drove the short trip up to the Fogts. Per Dan's request, we went to Wahoo's:

 And found a fountain to play at aftewards. I had to post all of these pictures because these two kids are so dang cute:





Then we had an evening swim (ahhh, to have a pool in your backyard!) plus watching the yard for bunnies:

Sierra and Katelyn are such good cousins to Alta and Ellie, they all had so much fun together. One morning was full of gymnastics and ribbon dancing:


On Monday, the Marinos's came up for Labor Day so all the cousins could play. This is everyone minus the two new babies (scary eyes, I only had my phone!) -

 And Tuesday morning was another beach trip. The kids thought it was fun to bury Uncle Dan:

 And then Alta!

And we left straight from the beach to drive back home to Utah. Definitely a successful trip!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great trip! I can't believe Alta let you bury her all the way up to her head!

    And those are darling pictures of Ellie with her cousin at the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there was a very empty spot at our girls night out table becks! Love the pictures, love the people in them. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete