Thursday, August 9, 2012

Banana Carrot (or zucchini) Bread

These are good...


Banana Carrot Bread
adapted from a recipe I can no longer find!

1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 very ripe bananas)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup canola oil (sub applesauce for half)
2 eggs
2 cups flour (white whole wheat works just as well)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 cup finely grated carrots (I've used zucchini too, both are good)

Combine bananas, brown sugar, oil and eggs with mixer. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in banana mixture. Fold in carrots. Spoon into greased and floured large loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

You can also make 12 large muffins or 4 mini loaves.

3 comments:

  1. I made it and added a cup of blueberries too. So yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is currently in the oven. I made a small loaf and some mini muffins. I'll let you know tonight how I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this! Any recipe that I sneak veggies into is one I must try.

    ReplyDelete