We had a week of really warm weather with a lot of wind. Perfect for this:
The girls were having too much fun and refused to come inside for dinner, so we ate outside. Bread and salad recipe to be posted soon, they were goooood.
Eating our St. Patrick's Day mint chocolate chip cookies:
Flying kites, something I keep forgetting to do!! It looks like you guys are having fun, I love that last picture of Alta. She's living The Life right there. :)
"Quick, hide in the closet! The Ellie-scary-belly is coming!" (apr '11)
Alta: "Where's my blanky?" Dan: "It's upstairs, you can go get it." Alta: "How 'bout you go get it and I stay here." (feb '11)
Alta told me, "Sam's a boy, Lucy's a girl, Rhys is a boy, I'm a girl, Ellie's a baby, Daddy's a boy, and you're a mommy." (nov '10)
After reading Are You My Mother with Dan, Alta came up to me and said "Get me some food, Mother". (nov '10)
Alta to a crying Ellie: " I don't know what to do wiff you, Ellie!" (oct '10)
We were looking at a picture of an elephant: Me: "What color is the elephant?" Alta: "It's not an elephant." Me: "What is it?" Alta: "It's a giraffe-ephant." (oct '10)
Ellie got her shots and was pretty fussy all morning. At lunch Alta told me, "Ellie is kind of having a rough day". (oct '10)
Alta talking to herself: "Ellie girl, Ellie girl, Ellie squirrel. Is Ellie a squirrel? Nooooo, she's an Ellie girl!" (oct '10)
A conversation in the car: Alta: (driving past a random house) "Is that our house, Mom?" Me: "No." Alta: "Don't say no, Mom, that's not nice." (sept '10)
One night I was getting Alta ready for bed while Dan was trying to calm down a very fussy Ellie downstairs. Alta looked at me and asked, "What's her deal?" (aug '10)
Flying kites, something I keep forgetting to do!! It looks like you guys are having fun, I love that last picture of Alta. She's living The Life right there. :)
ReplyDelete